Every now and again, it is nice to leave yourself some memories to read through at some point in the future to reminisce on the past… this one is for my little pumpkin:
1. I did not find out that I was pregnant until after my first trip to Australia… around 12 weeks of pregnancy… I got sick on the way there and only believed it to be a stomach virus. It is not until I returned back to Rome my colleague and friend, strongly recommended to take a pregnancy test. I had to take it twice… it was pretty clear from the first time that I was pregnant, but I just couldn’t believe that I was… It was a shock at first, but quickly turned into an unbelievable joy!
2. Ever since the trip to Australia till about 20-25 weeks of pregnancy I had the so called morning sickness. I am not sure where the name morning sickness comes from, as in spite of its common name, it can occur at any time of the day. It was no fun, but I can not complain. It was bearable!
3. I always felt like I was having a boy. I am not sure if it is because I wanted a boy or this maternal instincts kicking in, but I felt like I was having a boy and later doctor did confirm it is a boy. Our fagiolino aka “little bean” is a boy.
4. Picking a name was hard. I searched for days as at that time I was still looking for both male and female names. When I found Ethan and learned that it is a “Biblical baby name. In Biblical the meaning of the name Ethan is: Strong, the gift of the island’. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Ethan is: Strong. Constancy. People with this name have a deep inner desire for a stable, loving family or community, and a need to work with others and to be appreciated. People with this name tend to be creative and excellent at expressing themselves. They are drawn to the arts, and often enjoy life immensely. They are often the center of attention, and enjoy careers that put them in the limelight. They tend to become involved in many different activities, and are sometimes reckless with both their energies and with money. (http://www.sheknows.com/baby-names/name/ethan)” I instantly fell in love with the name and I knew we were having Ethan!
5. Feeling that first kick was amazing. Fagiolino was not a kicker, but it was still pretty amazing to feel him move around and do his acrobatics.
6. I ate nutella by jars at the end of my pregnancy. I justified it as a craving, but it wasn’t. I just love nutella and I used my pregnancy to indulge my sweet tooth.
7. I really enjoy seeing my belly grow as it felt so natural and amazing. I took pictures now and again to capture our first moments together. I didn’t talk much to you, but I knew we already had that special bond between us that will be there forever and ever and then some more!