I got it.
“Got what?” you
say ask… Well, I, yes I, got elected to serve as the BPW’s Young Representative for 2011-2014. Now here is a challenge I really like and have fully accepted! As Adele sings in her song: “There’s a fire starting in my heart, Reaching a fever pitch and it’s bring me out the dark. Finally I can see you crystal clear Go ahead and sell me out and I’ll lay your ship bare. See how I’ll leave, with every piece of you Don’t underestimate the things that I will do.“
First things first, let me get started. In a meantime, I encourage each and everyone out there… I encourage you all to CONNECT! Get to know one another! As you connect, I start to plan how WE can, since we all will be connected, work together to bring WEPs to life! Wonder what WEPs are, go FIND OUT!
Fine, OK, I’ll be nice… here they are:
The 7 Women’s Empowerment Principles:
1. Establish high-level corporate leadership for gender equality.
2. Treat all women and men fairly at work – respect and support human rights and nondiscrimination.
3. Ensure the health, safety and well-being of all women and men worker
4. Promote education, training and professional development for women.
5. Implement enterprise development, supply chain and marketing practices that empower women.
6. Promote equality through community initiatives and advocacy.
7. Measure and publicly report on progress to achieve gender equality.